Home     About Me     My Pinterest

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Something {Old} and Something {New}

   Change....a word that can be both frightening and exciting at the same time. This word encapsulates my life this week. Many changes are taking place in my life, and though I'm not a person who deals well with change and the unknowns, and let me tell you, this week definitely has it's unknowns, I have also been looking forward to the changes happening and am excited to share with you what the Lord has been doing. Change is something I have been praying about since October.God finally moved in a visible way this last week, and I am overjoyed!

    Change...my buzz word for the week. One of the biggest changes that I am happy to announce is the change of my job. I've not shared much, but for the last 6-7 months my current job, tutoring higher level disabled students and doing brain stimulating exercises with those who have lower cognitive ability, has taken a toll on me emotionally and physically. One of my students in particular who I was working with on behavior related issues was stretching me farther in learning to trust the Lord with my safety than I have ever needed to before. Some days I was never sure if walking away from this specific job would be done so on my own two feet or wheeled out on a gurney. I praise the Lord for His continued protection and shielding hand. Though I saw and experienced a lot, I also grew in my knowledge of the crippling effects mental disabilities can have not only on the person if affects, but also on the family members. With as stressful as this job was, I began praying that the Lord would open another job opportunity up for me, one in which I would be placed in a safer environment and working with others around me. Just last week I was called by the school district I work for offering me another position, and I was excited to accept! Praise God! My new job will be full time (30 hrs a week) with everything that comes with a full time position and it will also allow me to continue my own tutoring in the afternoons. I will be working one-on-one with a 4th grade non-verbal autistic child, and though I know this job wont be without its difficulties, God will be there beside me every step of the way for He has provided this new opportunity.



 
 Change...sometime we all go through during our life, most likely multiple times. This week I turn 24. For some reason I feel like I should be turning 25, BUT that's just me getting ahead of myself like usual. I am excited for this new year of my life...excited to see what God is going to do...excited for the changes I know will happen....excited for my trip to Europe (more on that later)...overall, excited for LIFE!

   Change...the week right before Spring break. Probably one of the first times I'm not sure of what I'll be doing other than sleeping in, reading, working out and drinking a cup of java! I am thoroughly excited for my spring break!

   Change...I'm desiring to become a person not ashamed of sharing the gospel and being a light to whomever I meet. I want to share about the saving power of Christ and why He is so precious to me.

   Change...This week is Resurrection week (Easter) and probably for the first time in my life, I am noticing all the vibrant changes that happen in nature. The bright hues of yellow, pink, and greens. Spring and Resurrection Sunday no longer signify bunnies and candy but a risen Lord and beautiful world. Maybe I'm slow in figuring this stuff out!


   Take time with me this week to praise the Lord for the changes in your life, both the good and the bad, for isn't He over all things? Nothing is above the help of God and nothing happens out of God's plan!

  ~Blessings~
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment