Home     About Me     My Pinterest

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Moistest Paleo Coconut Flour Cookies Ever

    Usually when I bake with coconut* flour it's in small amounts mixed with a greater amount of almond flour. This time though, in hopes of making a higher fiber cookie, I made chocolate chip cookies with coconut flour mixed with a smaller amount of almond flour and a tad bit of my most favorite GF flour ever, Bavarian Mills. If I would have had enough almond flour, I would have used just coconut and almond combined, but I didn't. Thus the reason for using my GF mixture instead. Also, instead of 1 banana like the recipe called for, I put in 1 3/4 banana....definitely helps with the **moisture content.


  * Coconut flour soaks up liquid like a sponge which is why it's a bit harder to bake with.

   ** When cooking with gluten free flours or even nut flours, I've found that the more moisture you add, the moister the cookie or baked product. This is especially so with coconut flour. 





Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup coconut flour (1/8 cup more if needed)
1/4 cup almond flour
(I used about an 1/8 cup almond and an 1/8 GF flour)
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 mashed banana
 3 TBS honey
 1/2 TBS coconut oil
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup rice milk (more if needed)
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients in separate bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine. Dough should be very wet, this is good, coconut flour soaks up a lof of moisture! Mix in chocolate chips. Form 2 TBS. of dough into ball and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet - flatten slightly with back of spoon. Bake 18-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately transfer to cooling rack.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment