Home     About Me     My Pinterest

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sovereignty of God {{Exposed}}

Some weeks we see the need for God's sovereignty more than others. We might catch ourselves joyfully living life one day with little thought to God's divine ordination of circumstances while the next day, in the difficult moments, we are constantly reminding ourselves that God has a plan and a purpose for everything; nothing is untouched by the sovereign will of God. We must realize that, in both the good and the bad, God's sovereignty never changes and isn't dependent on whether or not a thought crosses our mind concerning our dependency on Him.

“What defines us as Christians is not most profoundly that we have come to know him but that he took note of us and made us his own.”
― John Piper, Think: The Life of the Mind and the Love of God 

I am thankful that God saved me. I am thankful that out of the billions of people in the world, He called me His own and sealed me a place with Him forever. I am thankful that every moment of my life has been pre-planned. I am thankful that God is not dependent upon my frail humanity for anything. I am thankful that God is king. I am thankful that He holds the whole world within the palm of His hand. 

"Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand or marked off the heavens with the span of his hand? Who has gathered the dust of the earth in a measure or weighed the mountains in a balance and the hills in the scales?"
- Isaiah 40:12

Because God's sovereignty touches every aspect of our lives, this means we are free to live a fear free life."Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” - Deuteronomy 31:6. God's plan for your life can not me thwarted. He will not withhold any perfect thing from you that He has already planned to put in your path, nor will any difficulty you face be unmanageable for His mighty power. ALL things work according to His perfect plan. 

"But who are you, a mere man, to talk back to God? Will what is formed say to the one who formed it, "Why did you make me like this?" Romans 9:20

Who are we to decide when and if we God can be in control of our life? Let me guarantee this, even in the moments when you think you have gained the upper hand, God is still God and is greater and mightier than ever. We are but dust, miniscule and powerless in comparison to Him. Find rest in the knowledge that you aren't in control of your life...your main objective should be to live a life that Glorifies the Lord and leave all the rest to Him. 

“If there is one single molecule in this universe running around loose, totally free of God’s sovereignty, then we have no guarantee that a single promise of God will ever be fulfilled.”
― R.C. Sproul, Chosen by God


e strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6) - See more at: http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christianity/2008/09/How-to-Face-Fear-10-Bible-Verses-To-Inspire-Courage.aspx?p=5#sthash.sopygeFa.dpuf
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4) - See more at: http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christianity/2008/09/How-to-Face-Fear-10-Bible-Verses-To-Inspire-Courage.aspx?p=2#sthash.1iSugjfP.dpuf
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4) - See more at: http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christianity/2008/09/How-to-Face-Fear-10-Bible-Verses-To-Inspire-Courage.aspx?p=2#sthash.1iSugjfP.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment