Home     About Me     My Pinterest

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

//Paleo// Cherry Walnut Almond Flour Cookies




   Having extra time on my hands this week, I decided to pull out some new paleo recipes and try experimenting. The cookies I am going to share with you today are a unique cross between a cookie and a biscuit in texture. I over baked mine just a tad, but they still came out delicious. Also, I made quite a few substitutions as well as decreased the amount of sweetener I used in them (it called for white sugar, BOO, and as that's all we had on hand, I used it. Ergo the reason for decreasing the amount.) As far as substitutions go, because I didn't have any dried cherries on hand, I rehydrated some dehydrated coconut instead and used that as well as  I used almond extract instead of vanilla extract (made them soooo yummy and nutty flavored). I would definitely make them again....just hopefully next time I have some kind of dried fruit (cherry, apricot, raisin) to put in them.

Recipe
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup butter softened
1/4 cup sugar (for a less sweet cookie, only fill the quarter cup measurer 3/4 of the way full. Also, a good sugar substitute would be coconut sugar)
1 egg
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup shredded coconut(rehydrated) or dried fruit of choice
1/3 cup chopped walnuts 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Spoon onto greased cookie sheet making medium sized balls. Bake for 8-10 minutes.


~Blessings~
    Laura

2 comments:

  1. these look yummy! Do you think I could substitute coconut flour for the almond flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, pretty sure you couldn't. Coconut flour is much drier and soaks up moisture quite a bit more leaving you with a crumbly cookie.

      Delete