Home     About Me     My Pinterest

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

~**Glorying in the Gospel**~


  
The gospel of Jesus Christ is so wonderful and awe inspiring. Sunday's sermon was on the gospel...yesterday I was greatly encouraged by a video I watched on distinguishing law from gospel...and today I meditated on what the gospel is and how it has impacted my life during devotions. May the below prayer encourage you to focus on the person and work of Jesus Christ who is the gospel itself.


Gospel Prayer

     Thank you Lord for coming as a sinless baby, living a life of perfection unmatched and a billion times greater than even the most heroic figure we can think of. Help me to grasp how much pain and hardship you went through as you prepared yourself to humbly be taken and tried in a court of law that condemned You, a perfect sinless man, to the worst death, a death saved for the scum of the earth. God, thank You for separating Yourself from your most beloved so that I could might come to know you. Thank you for raising Your Son from death and fulfilling the prophecies of old that said He would rise three days after death. I am in awe that you sent the Holy Spirit to be Your earthly presence that would convict me of my sins and draw me to You. May I daily be reminded that without You, I am nothing...I would be enslaved to sin. Because of Your great love, I can now call you Abba Father! May Your praise be continually on my lips.

-Amen-


 ~**~





   ~Gospel proclamations proclaim Jesus as Lord and Savior

   ~ The Gospel allows us to be free from the weight of having to be perfect. Christ cvers us with His perfection!

   ~ "In the gospel, God comes after us because we need him not because he needs us. Only the gospel can free us to revel in our insignificance." - Tullian Tchividjian

   ~"For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh..." - Romans 8:3

3 comments:

  1. Loving this post...it's such a great reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad you found my blog :) I see you went to TMC....so neat, I did as well :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete