Home     About Me     My Pinterest

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Bought with a Price - A Story of Redemption: Lecrae

   

   Glorifying God through our actions...

   Glorifying God through our speech...

   Glorifying God in the Morning, Noon, and Night...

   Glorifying God in our career...

   Glorifying God in pain and suffering...

   Glorifying God when all we want to do is take glory for ourselves...

   Glorifying God because He gave us the ultimate gift, salvation from sin...

   Glorifying God is what we are called to, yet do we fully realize what that looks like? As I was browsing through my Facebook home screen I ran across a video post by Lecrae, a Christian Rap artist who writes theologically solid lyrics and has a passion for the Lord, in which he shared his testimony. I was encouraged. Coming from a life of abuse, drugs, rebellion in school, a broken family, and gangs he shares how he came to know God and eventually use his talents as a rapper to point others to Christ. He came to see God as the father he never knew; his ultimate roll model. He is quick to point out that those who are into rapping and listening to rap are definitely a culture of their own...and this is true. Though I am not a huge fan of rap music, I do occasionally enjoy listening to some Lecrae and Shai Linne...but that's not very often! With his music, Lecrae is able to reach into a whole different culture than what most white American Christians can. It is definitely a gift from God!

   I'd like to share with you today the video of Lecrae sharing his testimony. It reminds me to be thankful for all Christ has done for me, calling me out of darkness into light, making me His child, securing a place for me in Heaven, and ultimately giving me the ability to Glorify Him! 



   Today I'd like to encourage you to be taking active steps towards glorifying God with your life. Yes, you and I may not be a public figure, but we can still pursue Christ in a manner that others will see what He has done for us...He has given us Salvation from sin and separation from Him! Here or a few verses to encourage you in your walk with the Lord. 


    1 Corinthians 6:20 ~ "...for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."

    Deuteronomy 31 7b-8 ~ “Be strong and courageous, for you shall go with this people into the land that the Lord has sworn to their fathers to give them, and you shall put them in possession of it. It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”

  Romans 8:28 ~  "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,[a] for those who are called according to his purpose."  

    Romans 5:8 ~ "...but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." 

   Acts 2:38 ~  "And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

    Also, if you have time, jump on over to the I Am Second website. Many amazing and neat testimonies are shared there. I know I will be taking a look at that site quite often!

No comments:

Post a Comment